Monday was my 18th birthday and we had a big celebration. I woke up early so that I could talk to my family on skype. They sang me happy birthday and caught me up on everything going on back home. This was definitely the best part of my day. I miss them so much and it was wonderful talking to them. After, I went upstairs to get a quick snack and found that the dining room was all decorated for me. There was a card that everyone signed and some candies on the table. A little later, Tim drove Gerry, Sarah, Maggie and I to Sydney. We went to brunch at a restaurant called Pancakes on the Rocks. The food was so delicious! I had buttermilk pancakes with grilled bananas, walnuts, chocolate ice cream, crème, and chocolate sauce. I was so stuffed after that! We then walked around Darling Harbour and took pictures by the water. We did a little bit of shopping (more like browsing for me lol) and then head back home for dinner. When I got back to the base I went to my room and found that my roommates had decorated the room and my bunk bed with streamers, put balloons all over my bed and my mentor bought me Tim Tams (a delicious Australian cookie) and a pair of earrings. I went upstairs for dinner to find that they ordered pizza (one of my favourite foods!) After dinner we had a lecture which was great; a time of many laughs. When I went to the rec room after dinner the lights were all turned off and everyone yelled surprise! They had made a chocolate cake, a big poster that everyone signed, and a sash that said Canadian Princess! We all went up stairs to the dining room and before we started eating the cake everyone gathered around me and prayed for me. It was wonderful to have everyone do that for me and bless my coming year. I started my day and ended my day in wonderful ways! Thanks to everyone who was a part of it! :)
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Birthday
Monday was my 18th birthday and we had a big celebration. I woke up early so that I could talk to my family on skype. They sang me happy birthday and caught me up on everything going on back home. This was definitely the best part of my day. I miss them so much and it was wonderful talking to them. After, I went upstairs to get a quick snack and found that the dining room was all decorated for me. There was a card that everyone signed and some candies on the table. A little later, Tim drove Gerry, Sarah, Maggie and I to Sydney. We went to brunch at a restaurant called Pancakes on the Rocks. The food was so delicious! I had buttermilk pancakes with grilled bananas, walnuts, chocolate ice cream, crème, and chocolate sauce. I was so stuffed after that! We then walked around Darling Harbour and took pictures by the water. We did a little bit of shopping (more like browsing for me lol) and then head back home for dinner. When I got back to the base I went to my room and found that my roommates had decorated the room and my bunk bed with streamers, put balloons all over my bed and my mentor bought me Tim Tams (a delicious Australian cookie) and a pair of earrings. I went upstairs for dinner to find that they ordered pizza (one of my favourite foods!) After dinner we had a lecture which was great; a time of many laughs. When I went to the rec room after dinner the lights were all turned off and everyone yelled surprise! They had made a chocolate cake, a big poster that everyone signed, and a sash that said Canadian Princess! We all went up stairs to the dining room and before we started eating the cake everyone gathered around me and prayed for me. It was wonderful to have everyone do that for me and bless my coming year. I started my day and ended my day in wonderful ways! Thanks to everyone who was a part of it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment