Thursday, October 22, 2009
Outreach
Hey everyone! So I have been able to find out a little more information about my outreach so I thought I would share it with you. I am going to be in Thailand for two weeks. While my team is there we will be working a lot with teenage and young women who are stuck in the sex trade. We will be talking to them trying to build relationships and ultimately showing God's love to them. We will also we ministering to single mothers giving them cards to sell as an income. We will be staying at another YWAM base there and helping with some of there ministries. While I am in South Africa we will be staying in a church. We will be going to AIDS orphanages, homeless shelters, AIDS hospitals, and ministering to women on the street. I will be finding out some more information soon once we get all of out ministries confirmed so I will try to keep you updated. I also found out yesterday that my outreach will cost $500 more. We are flying to South Africa during the high season which makes the plane tickets more than we expected. If you would like to support me financially email me at jennelleduerksen@hotmail.com or facebook me for more information. As well, most of the people on my DTS (staff and students) owe money for their outreach. As a group we currently need $40,000. If you would like to donate feel free to contact me. Just a little money would help greatly and mean so much. I would like to thank you for all of your prayers! You are all such a blessing to me! May God continue to bless you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment